There are many reasons to deactivate Instagram accounts. Sometimes you just need to unplug and take a break. We get it.
What you need to know before you deactivate your Instagram account:
- Doing so will temporarily deactivate your account
- Your account, images, videos, likes and comments will be hidden
- Nothing will be deleted
- You can only disable your account once a week.
Deactivate Instagram Account
You should note that you cannot deactivate your Instagram account from the Instagram app.
How to Deactivate Instagram Account:
- Log into Instagram from your computer or mobile browser.
- Click your username on the top right.
- Select Edit Profile.
- Click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Select the reason for why you want to disable your account.
- Enter your password.
- Hit the Temporarily Disable Account button.
Changed your mind? Reactivating your Instagram account is easy. Just log back into Instagram.
Have you ever disabled your Instagram account? Tell us why in the comments below.